Thursday, January 28, 2016

Part 3 - Revenge is a dish best thrown out

Part 3 - Revenge is a dish best thrown out

Recap:  Pics & video of me posted.  I was humiliated.  It was awful.  I wanted to die

Why?  There is no why.  Pourquoi?  For what?  There is no answer that can satisfy.

This world is chaotic.  It is inclined to tragic circumstances, unfortunate occurrences and horrific events.  Buddhist philosophy encourages us to accept that fact, the fact that suffering is inevitable.  And it is.  Even in Canada.  For we have Nickleback and Rob Ford.

I have seen and experienced what can be best described as a "random typhoon-level s**tstorm".  When these cataclysms occur some people scramble for the meaning.  Why?  For what purpose was this done?

The short answer is this:  [insert profound yet succinct explanation of suffering here before you post Ken]

There is no reason, no motive to those events that can satisfy the pain and suffering for those in those moments.  "Everything happens for a reason" is a damn trite and hollow thing to say to a grieving mother. 

I am not at all tempted to get retribution for what was done to me last night.  There is no point.  It won't undo what was done.  Hurting someone because I am hurt is the kind of behavior I (tried to) train my children out of when they were toddlers. 

I don't care who did this to me.  I don't care why.  Neither of those answers (even IF they were possible to obtain) will heal me.  Neither will help anyone else.  More pain != healing.

For those who think this is completely devoid of faith, I remind all of us about Jesus' answer to this issue in the gospel according to Luke, Chapter 13:

About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. “Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?” Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God. And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem? No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment