Thursday, March 13, 2008

Blogging, it's all about me.

I've noticed that everyone can't communicate properly. They always think when I'm talking about them. This is rarely true, because I have a sad 2:1 ratio of caring. For every thing you say, I care about it half as much as I care about what I have to say. I'm obsessed with myself, this entry evidence thereof.


Hey, I'm a jerk, but to me I'm a criminally captivating one.


As I blog, that being, writing my own comic journal; I consider my audience. And it's funny, my audience consists of people who are either blood relatives or are my closest personal friends.


Why I don't call these people to make them laugh is, again, a selfish endeavor. I blog for me to be liked by you, envied by you, and then at the end, to pretend I don't care what you think.


And I think I'm the typical blogger.


So is there something wrong with me?


That was a rhetorical question. I'll wait for the yelling and laughing to subside.


Waiting.


Comeon.



Ok. So is this narccistic publishing a problem, or just a more open journal? I can't say for anyone else, but for me it's a way to entertain others in a way where there is little censorship and even less reason to write. It's the blank slate, and because I have loved ones, by default I have a captive audience too.


If this is karma, then you've been very naughty to have to read this.


To quote some unfortunately said words at my wedding: “If it weren't for you being here, this would just be a bunch of us drinking and laughing at each other. That would make it a family reunion.”


I'm still amazed no one laughed. But in a sad way it's true, without you reading this, it would be me talking to myself on the computer. That would make it my social life.


Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Your social life, or mine?
    What is more pathetic - that I read your blog for laughs, or that I feel sadly inadequate in the humour genetics when I go to write mine?
    Yes, we realize you don't care. Much.
    As your goddaughter would say..."whatehvar...."
    Enjoy your diary - I am....
    <3 big sis.

    ReplyDelete