Thursday, February 21, 2008

Expensive pets

Last week I read about a woman who is paying $150,000 for a clone of her dead dog.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/15/cloned_dog_order/


Let that sink in.

I could get all upset that she could have saved a whole Ghanan village from starvation, but I've learned getting angry doesn't work. When life hands you a loon, make a loonie.

I want to start a competitive business of resurrecting their already dead pet for 1/3 the price. All I need is a taxidermist, a good battery, and a voice actor to play the pet.

I'd get the pet done up in a sleeping position. I'd have the battery installed inside the cavity, and connect a speaker of the voice actor snoring. The person could have the perfect pet, and it would be theirs. It would sit on their lap, never jump on the bed, and you could let young and old alike pet it to their heart's content.

As an added bonus I'd attach a tag with a passkey on it so those people can network with other people on my website. They could play games, dress up their pet's avatar, and even clean up virtually after it. I'll have to see if "Deadkinz" is trademarked already.

Any takers?

2 comments:

  1. Nice...only you would think of this.
    Repeat after me...It takes all kinds of people to make up this world. Including weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already thought of deadkinz....for other reasons.....like minds I suppose.....BAH

    ReplyDelete