Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Everybody's and above average driver!

It's said that everyone is an above average driver. I can see that everyone THINKS they are, but in my experience, most people drive in a bi-polar catatonic/panic state. It would be funny if they weren't wielding tons of steel around me. The fact they assume they are above average shows their mathematical ineptitude as well.

I must stay I am well above average. Inso I'm not good enough to be a race car driver, I'm not dangerous behind the wheel. I like to plan driving several cars ahead, looking through their car windows to see traffic farther up and anticipate the situation. Don't ask about crumpled side panels though, those don't count towards the driving average. Or the swearing.

Consequently I AM a way below average passenger. If I'm not driving, I should be in the back. Preferably the trunk. Slip me some heavy narcotics and I'll be fine. If I am at all aware of the road I act like a threatened primate. Except for the poo flinging. I honestly have trouble sitting in the jumpseat. I'm torn between the social unacceptability of correcting others and my will to live.
Sometimes the only thing keeping me from diving at the brake pedal is the extra awkwardness of the resultant posture. Not only would it be a weird position to die in, but I might be accused incorrectly as the cause of the accident, and cause undue suspicion on the driver too.

Are you an above or below average driver?

No comments:

Post a Comment