Saturday, June 14, 2008

Everything's better with monkeys.

Maybe I'm just combining links to make up for lack of inspiration. Here is a song that is worth the few minutes to listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_wd9Qf0IE


Caveats:

-> Not for kids (one naughty word)
-> More funny if you know a geek

The original song is from
http://www.jonathancoulton.com/2006/04/14/thing-a-week-29-code-monkey

Buy the song if you like it. I will. BTW, I include the youtube reference because I suspect your attention span is less than the time it takes to get through the chorus. I'd say more but I think I've given you plenty of credit to make it this far today.

I think that was me in an alternate universe. One where I wasn't able find an awesome woman who can appreciate, endure or simply overlook my eccentricities. And that universe was drawn in anime.

And haven't you noticed that any idea that "jumps the shark" just throws in anime or monkeys? I don't get that luxury on the Church stage. I would probably get letters from the animal rights people, the people cleaning the poo off the stage and walls, the people who contracted lice, and the people who thought I was making a sneaky endorsement of evolution. And don't ask how hard it would be to get anime on there.

Still, I can't say that I don't dream of having a trained ape come in and save me from teleconferences at work. Or take the calls for me in the first place. The benefits of dressing a monkey in a little tuxedo, have them answer the door, and screech at people who try to bypass calling the helpdesk would be fathomless. I wonder if I can get a little ape outfit for my 4 year old...

Come to think of it, maybe that is why Dora is so popular. They started out with a monkey sidekick in red rubber boots. How cool is that? If they had killed of backpack with map inside and replaced it with Dora's "japanime satchel with lasers", I would have been hooked instead of seeking an anesthesiologist every time those characters come on screen.

Code monkey go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment